DBA – MS-SQL Database Administrator/Developer
Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, Canada
Avenlo Inc. a leader in advertising solutions is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to join our team. We are an online media agency on a quest to provide advertisers with the greatest return on their ad revenue spend, by using our advertising monetization and management solutions. If you are looking for an exciting position within a company that is on the cutting edge of online advertising, leveraging the latest technologies and interfacing directly with some of the major players, this may be the right opportunity you are looking for!
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Superior communication skills – both written & verbal
- Make technical recommendations, develops and implements policies, standards and procedures to ensure the security, integrity, and efficiency of the enterprise database(s)
- Lead capacity for the DBA team in the planning, development and maintenance of databases systems for all of the apps
- Demonstrate accountability for completing work assignments, meeting commitments and deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to work under pressure
- DBA expertise and best practices to scale and optimize the data base services.
- Experience with DB performance tuning – a must!
- Expert with SQL clustered servers
- Manage MySQL in production/QA/dev environments including installation, configuration, backup, recovery, upgrades, schema changes, etc.
- Perform database health monitoring and diagnostics.
- Implement monitoring, auditing, and alert systems for MySQL databases.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with MySQL.
- Design, implement, maintain and automate the appropriate backup and recovery architecture required.
- Architect, design, implement and maintain site-to-site data replication.
- Work with various teams for performance tuning and optimization, query optimization, index tuning, caching, buffer tuning, etc.
- Perform capacity planning exercises to properly identify required hardware, software, database configuration/architecture necessary to support application needs.
- Data modeling, schema design and review.
- Create processes to ensure data integrity and identify potential data errors.
- Document and update procedures and processes Previous team leadership/leadership experience a must.
- At least 5 years of experience as a MySQL DBA in a high volume, high impact transactional environment.
- At least 5 years of experience with high volume MySQL database administration and in the following areas:
- High availability (HA)
- Load balancing
- Query optimization
- Schema design disaster recovery
This is full-time salaried position with compensation based on the level of experience. Avenlo Inc. pays competitive salaries.